Interstate Public Service operated interurban service from Indianapolis to Louiville, which at its zenith included both dining cars and sleepers. The comany adopted the Interstate name in 1912, and began operating diners in 1923. The line changed its name to Public Service Co. of Indiana in 1931, and became part of Indiana RR in about 1935. Hard times lay ahead though, and the line was cut to about half its length in 1939, then completely abandoned in 1941. With only eight years from the introduction of dining service to the name change, dining china in this pattern is very scarce. Indeed, marked interurban dining car china is very scarce in any case, as interurban diners were themselves very scarce, and somewhat less formal than their long-haul steam railroad counterparts.